Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Advent Prayer

Help me, God, to stop. Help me to be in your presence. The tasks on my lists can wait. Still my mind; quiet my soul. Touch my eyes that I may see you as you continue to come into the world today. Amen.
*Adapted from "Where Heaven Touches Earth" by Rob Weber

Ladies!
Remember our Christmas Gathering is scheduled for 7 p.m., Friday, Dec. 11 in the Fellowship Hall at Port Penn. This is a gift to you from Beth and her friends at Elkton Presbyterian Church. Please accept the gift of time and fellowship and come and join us! Everyone welcome!

Cantata!
Our first ever Ecumenical Christmas Cantata is scheduled for 3 p.m. this Sunday, Dec. 13 at First Pres. Delaware City. Please come out and support our choir as they blend their voices with singers from every other church in Delaware City and Port Penn. Directed by our own Ruth Smith with accompaniment provided by our Julia Morrill! Refreshments follow!

Check out the photos from our Family Advent Event--now posted on our home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment